Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Basement News

Don't be jealous, but look what I've got:









The Wirsbo tubing has been installed in my basement.

These two (Jouster and The King) installed it last night.

It was not easy getting to this point.

The King had to remove 1 1/2 inches of gravel/dirt before he could lay the foam. Three days of work and the dirt was gone.




He got the foam insulation laid...and taped together. Then it rained. We had water in the basement. A call to the waterproofers forced The King to pull up the foam insulation and place a layer of poly over the dirt. Back down with the foam. He was finally able to lay the tubing.

The best news is that he said we would be pouring cement THIS FRIDAY.

Nothing happens as planned. The cement guy can't make it Friday. He has to come THURSDAY instead. Yippee!! Cement more than a month before my 20th anniversary! That means only one thing. It can't be my anniversary present. Remember, I was holding out for cement as my anniversary gift. But now that the cement will be done 48 days before our big day, I am pretty sure I can squeeze something else out of The King.

Here's my plan:

1. About the first of November I will start hinting that our anniversary is coming up.

2. I will nonchalantly ask The King what kind of amazing gift he wants from me.

3. Giddily tell him I can't wait to see what surprise(s) he has in store for me.

4. Remind him that I love jewelry. If he gives me 'the look', I will add that I like kitchen appliances and vacuum cleaners just as well.

5. Convince him that since the weather is now turning cold, he would really enjoy a tropical vacation...with me, of course. If I get 'the look', I will mention that it would also be fun to get away for one night without the kids.

6. Take the check book out of my purse and leave it on the kitchen counter for him to see. If he doesn't notice it there, I will put it on the keyboard of his computer.

7. Occasionally tell him he looks likes he's been up to something.

Any other ideas? Do you think my plan will work? I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

  1. I think your plan sounds solid. Go forth and conquer girl! However, if your guy is anything like mine you might need to make things very simple by purchasing the gift you really want then giving it to one of the kids to hand to him and then give back to you.

    BTW, I think Jester's cakes are awesome! Are you going to encourage him to start making cakes for all the birthdays? I certainly would, what a great gift for his siblings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one:

    7. Occasionally tell him he looks likes he's been up to something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about hit him upside the head with a 2X4 and say "honey this is what I want for our anniversary....would you like me to go purchase it for myself??!! That's what usually gets done around here anyway.

    But....if you think your plan will work....run with it!

    PS your comment about what will we do when the kids go off to college.....I am worried about that day, we don't have a clue....our kids are awesome helpers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo! I am stealing some of your ideas! Let me know if they work - my anniversary is on November 9th, so that gives me a little time. *smile*

    Culver's was great, by the way, except the poisoning. *wink* Your son looked very sweet cooking my burger -- Theresa said hi to him, so I got to see him. Tell him that my burger tasted fantastic!!

    Blessings, Beckie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your creative ideas couldn't be better or more obvious, and your plan will absolutely work, but...knowing the King, and how busy he is, you will probably have to keep it up until the day before your anniversary. Never assume!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you really have the whole thing worked out...you down right crack me up. Honestly, I am the first in my family to forget...21 years and my husband joked if with me if I could actually remember the date (I can if I look at the inscription inside my wedding band, I kid you not!) Yeah, I saving that brain space, for what I don't know...;-)

    Kimmie
    mama to 6
    one homemade and 5 adopted

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say.