Saturday, April 17, 2010

Back...By Popular Demand


Okay, not really popular demand. One friend from high school, one current best friend, and one family member giving me a hard time about not updating the blog may not really be popular demand. But, it's my blog and I can say anything I want, right?

It's been two months since I last posted. My best friend knows when she doesn't hear from Michelle that she's been having 'issues' in life. The same holds true for my blogging. When I have 'issues' I don't feel like talking (or typing...or sharing). A lot of changes have been going on in this household.

First of all, I am no longer a homeschooling mom. But I am still a mom, with the best interests of my children at heart. I don't know when it hit me, but I just could not do it all anymore. I was checking out as a mom and honestly don't think I was doing a very good job at "Mommy". It was a tough decision for me, and one that truly disappointed The King, but it was necessary for my sanity. I was tired of feeling guilty for not loving what I did, and feeling like a hypocrite every time I'd attend a homeschool planning meeting, or when I'd enthusiastically encourage another homeschool parent going through a rough time. I was afraid to tell my peers, but they have all been supportive and will continue to be whether I keep the kids in school or decide to bring them home again. (They are true friends!)

For now, the children all seem to be adjusting well. Prince Charming has probably had the hardest time because he just doesn't know what to do with himself anymore. I try to keep him busy during the day when his siblings are gone, but he still seems lonely. However, I must admit I have loved the one on one time with him!

That is change number one. I'll update another day about other changes. (Hey, I need content for future posts...don't want to use it all up on one.)


13 comments:

  1. Not an easy choice. I hope you feel peace with it. Are any of the kids going to ndma?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've missed your blogging too. tough choice but i know what you mean about the mom relationship. i don't know if i posted about it or not but i 'quit' homeschooling this fall, too. i was ready to send both boys full-time. mike asked to take over completely and he has but they will both be enrolled full-time next year. the vision was great but the reality was different. we give it another go with the next batch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, glad to see that you have updated! I have been just as bad, just not enough time in the day to get it all done! When we stayed at your house I had a "visit" with Maiden about school and she loves it! For what it's worth, I think you made the right choice for now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle, As long as you are comfortable with the decision..and the kids are getting an education..you should feel okay about it. Sometimes you just need a break.. I think you are amazing Mothering so many..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle,
    Happy to seeing you bogging again! It was great to run into you that day! God bless your family!
    Lisa E.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! I don't think you're a hypocrite :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle-

    Please don't feel bad for your decision. You can't do it all! There are so many days here when I ask myself how you keep your head above water. With daycare I have a hard time just getting the kiddos to do a preschool project. If you are okay with your decision, then all is well. Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michelle!

    I am happy all is ok and that you are back. I truly believe that we really DO know what is best, and that listening to our instincts, while sometimes the hardest thing to do, is ALWAYS the right thing to do.

    Mama ain't happy - NOBODY's happy!

    Good for you for having the courage to make a tough
    decision. Your kids will benefit from not only your doing the right thing but from the positive example you have set for them - in taking good care of yourself.

    Hope things settle down. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a strong believer that there is no one right way to educate kids. There are advantages and disadvantages to the different ways and each family needs to seek God on the right thing for their family. I know that this had to have been SUCH a hard decision. HUGS! I am glad that it seems to be working better for you. :-)

    Tanya D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending a hug...saying I love you however you choose to school your children (as does God.) I am sure you have been seeking Him and will continue to seek Him on what He has for all of you.

    And...AND thank you. What an amazing surprise that came to us today. What a total blessing that totally took us by surprise. We are so thankful for you joining us in this adoption to Simenesh. How good it is to have friends who help us carry our mat when it is too hard to carry it alone. Thank you Michelle and thank your sweet King too. You really were so very generous...we are humbled, thankful and rejoicing greatly. Thank you for such a beautiful love offering to us and to HIM!

    I hope you will blog more. I hope you will be transparent and share your heart ...as else how can we pray for you, how can we help you to carry your burden?

    I love it when you share, hope you will come out of your time off and get busy everyday with sharing again.

    May God who sees and knows, bless you for stepping out with us in living out James 1:27 afresh. We appreciate your kindness to us all!
    May the windows of heaven be open over your heart and home!
    ((((((((HUG))))))))))
    Kimmie
    mama to 8
    one homemade and 7 adopted!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michelle!!!!!! I need a coffee date! It's going to be icky and rainy this week. Want to steal away for an hour and get coffee? :-)

    Hope everything went great for the graduation party. I'm sorry we weren't able to make it like I thought we would.

    Call me or send me an e-mail if you have time to get coffee this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to find you again. I lost your blog address a while back:) Don't beat yourself up about not homeschooling anymore.

    You might want to update again:)

    Blessings,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say.