Friday, December 4, 2009

Happy Homecoming Day!

Six years ago today a beautifully sweet and scared little girl joined our family. She has brought such unspeakable joy into our lives. Many people tell us, "She is one lucky little girl." I always respond, "No we are the lucky ones!

I will never forget that first touch. It's hard to explain the emotions one encounters after waiting two years for a child. How can you put into words what is felt when you can finally touch something more than a photo? I wish I could explain how I felt when I was finally able to touch her hair, inhale her scent, put my lips on hers, and feel her heart beat next to mine the first time I held her in my arms. It's an experience that no words can fully describe.

I remember thinking over and over that day, 'She's real. She's really real.' A day that took forever to come was finally a reality. If a heart could explode due to overwhelming love and joy, mine should have burst that day.

Life is not without challenges. It's not always been easy. She has had her fair share of struggles and insecurities, but we continue to love her and guide her through.

She has a loving heart and a willing spirit. She is my constant companion. She brings a smile to my face each and every day.

I continue to marvel at this creation of God. I often pray for her birth mother. I pray she has peace in her heart about this beautiful child that grew in her womb. I wish I could tell her how much her daughter has blessed our family. I wish I could thank her for the gift of this child's life. I wish I could tell her how much I love this little girl.

I can't thank her birth mother, but I can thank God, which I continually do. He orchestrated our adoption journey absolutely perfectly. I am thankful!

Happy Homecoming Day Duchess. You are very loved!!


12 comments:

  1. (sniff sniff) You write so well! She is such a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful glimpse into your heart! Pass a tissue please.

    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah God!

    What a beautiful little princess she is.

    Happy celebration!

    Kimmie
    mama to 7
    one homemade and 6 adopted

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Homecoming day to one of my bff's. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful day! Somehow I hope that her birth mother knows that her child is happy and thriving:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You brought tears to my eyes! She is such an awesome little girl....you are all lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how beautifully written. I think those same thoughts and love how you worded it all. Congratulations - you are all lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautfiul testomonial of the tremedous blessings of adoption. You are all truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas to you Michelle and your entire family:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. AH! That was such a beautiful tribute for a truly beautiful girl! You ARE very blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is one of the luckiest girl because of you.And I am from India.I am going to adapt a girl very soon .You inspired me a lot.

    I want to know ,What is the reason to adapt a girl from india?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say.