Friday, July 17, 2009

Mind Bender

What do these items have in common?
Our BEST sleeping bag.
Jouster's ONLY pair of flip flops.
Duchess' FAVORITE pair of mud boots.
Prince Charming's NEW pair of flip flops.
The King's MOST COMFORTABLE pair of knock around shoes.
Our HIGH QUALITY garden hoses.
Maiden's BRAND NEW golf bag.

And no, the answer is not the adjectives in the sentences.

The one thing that all of the above have in common is:

Our beloved Pooch. Doesn't he look innocent? He puts on a dumb act when I ask him how things got chewed up...like he can't understand Human. He won't answer, he just perks up his ears, cocks his head to the side, and gives me the sad puppy dog look. It's as if he's saying, "I'm sorry. I have a problem. It's an addiction I can't control. I need help." It works. Instead of being reprimanded, he gets a pat on the head with encouraging words, "That's okay Pooch. We still love you. Just try harder next time." He agrees with a paw shake.

Then I yell at everyone in the family, "Don't leave your stuff outside. Don't kick your shoes off under the trampoline. When you hang anything on the line, keep it out of Pooch's reach. Don't pull the garden hose near Pooch's house. It's your own fault if Pooch chews up something that's important to you." The blame gets shifted from the dog to the kids. Pooch likes it that way. Needless to say, he has me wrapped around his little dew claw.

And just in case that innocent face makes you question whether or not I am telling you the truth, I have proof:





12 comments:

  1. Thank goodness he hasn't chewed up a chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, no! That innocent little thing! :)

    (I'm still here!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He obviously needs some structure, and more play time with someone! LOL..easy for me to say! My daughters dog does the same thing with shoes, and socks..mainly my daughters shoes..she is old enough to know better:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh he looks so innocent.... great act lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's so cutttttee. You forgive him, right?
    Hmm, maybe time to give him an old baseball glove or two and let him get his chewing done with.

    He is really very sweet looking.

    Kimmie
    mama to 7
    one homemade and 6 adopted

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I have a dog like this. It is so hard to get mad at them.

    Hey, Can you please keep our family in your prayers. We are trying to get our children home from Ethiopia and have encountered some snags. Prayers are greaty appreciated.

    Thanks so much,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. He looks like he is smiling smugly about the whole affair!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say.