Monday, June 1, 2009

A New Reality TV Show


The past few weeks as I've been shopping, I have noticed Jon and Kate Gosselin's photos plastered on nearly every tabloid at the check out counters.  Jon and Kate are the reality TV stars in the show Jon and Kate Plus 8.  They have a set of twins and a set of sextuplets, thus the number 8.  

In doing research for my new job, I found a way to "see" the most popular key word phrases being searched for in Google.  This past week, various versions of Jon and Kate came up,  and one day the most searched phrase regarding the couple was, 'Jon Gosselin Divorce'.

Last Monday, the season 5 premiere of Jon and Kate Plus 8 on TLC, had 9.8 million viewers.  Compare that to 4.6 million viewers who watched the season 4 finale of their show in March.  I wonder, are their marital problems really real, or has it just been a huge publicity stunt?

Not that I really care.  I have seen the show a few times but I don't care to watch Kate.  She seems like such a nag which irritates me.  But that's not the point of this blog post.

I have decided it's time to cancel Jon and Kate's show, and find a new family to follow.  No, not the octo-mom with the gazillion kids.   I was thinking my family would be a good replacement.  At last count I had seven kids...only one less than the Gosselin's.  I'm pretty sure we'd make an interesting family to follow.  I would only do it for the benefits though.  I am not interested in the fame.   I want all the freebies.  Ever notice all the places Jon and Kate took their kids?  In the final credits those places were thanked.  That's what I want.  Free admission to zoos, museums, art galleries, amusement parks, etc.  My kids would have a blast, and my husband would be thrilled to not have to pay a dime for such fun.

What do you think?  I'll need a name for my new show.  Let's see....Life With Michelle, Isn't it Swell?  Or The King and Michelle, What's that Smell?   Maybe Seven Kids Forces Parents to Put on the Skids.  Obviously I am not very good at coming up with a name.  Can you help?  Post your ideas in the comment section.  If I choose the name you come up with, I'll thank you in the final credits of the premiere episode.  Maybe I'll even have you make a guest appearance sometime in the first season.

Our show will air right here, on this blog, on Monday's.  Next week will be our first episode.  I refuse to allow a camera crew into our home so you'll have to be satisfied with pictures only---maybe some short video clips.  It should be fun.  Aren't you excited?  I am.  Look out TLC, here we come!


3 comments:

  1. Mondays great! I will be here!
    How about "Motherhood: Michelle And Her Mob"
    I watched Jon and Kate, then I noticed no maternal grandparents..not many relatives..Aunt Jody became history..trips and new purchases..how much is scripted versus "real". Kate drove me nuts, scrubbing her floor three times a day, being exhausted, hollering at Jon..nagging at Jon..I felt so sorry for Jon.. and the children..having to wear just the right shoes and never even allowed an ice cream cone to drip on their shirts..didn't seem real to me. Now she is going to blame her marriage problems on being a parent of multiples..get a real life Kate.

    I am sure that your series will be a real hit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be great to see you on a series! Only you have to let tv crews in some so we could see some real humor! I know you have it, I have witnessed it! As far as a name....I will have to think on that!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say.