Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pondering

Why is it...

that I can expect a major spill at dinner time the day the dining room floor has been mopped?

that my favorite pair of pants (that are very flattering, by the way) get ruined in the wash?

that my non dry able clothing items get placed in the dryer...on high heat?

that when I have all the gumption in the world to get a lot of work done, I end up with a migraine?

that after years of turning the light on in the middle of the night to make sure the toilet seat is down (and it usually is), the one time I don't check...it's up?

that the day I wash my child's bedding, that same night he or she has an accident?

that I don't notice the dishwasher crud in the bottom of my cup before I pour myself a cup of coffee rather than when I'm taking my last sip?

that when I nearly break my neck to get to the phone, waiting for an 'important' call...it's a salesperson?

that major catastrophes (kitchen fires, broken pipes, vehicle problems, naughty teens, runaway sheep and leaking furnaces) happen when my husband is on a business trip and I am home alone with all seven children?

that I can trust my best friend to notice and tell me when I have food between my teeth, but not my husband?

that my little boy who used to adore me, is now a teen and looks at me like I am his enemy?

that hind sight is 20/20?

that I didn't realize how much I needed my mom, until she was gone? 

7 comments:

  1. There, there, honey. Tomorrow will be better.

    Good questions, though.

    Love to you!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I didn't mean for it to be a depressing post. I was really just pondering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya michelle. Thats why I try not to scrub the floor! haha. Lisa E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure, but when you figure it out be sure to share!! Especially the floor and bedding ones. *sigh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least I know that at the end of the day I am not alone!! :) Most of those things I completely agree with! My socks have been telling me for 2 days to scrub the floors, yet I find myself able to say daily "boy I'm glad today I didn't scrub the floor!!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know. Do let us know if you ever discover the answer :)

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  7. This made me laugh. I could totally relate. Especially about the teenager....makes me want to cry at times.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say.