Monday, March 3, 2008

More Q & A



An in-person question: Who is Frazzled Farmwife?
She is my second cousin, Chris. (Here she is pictured with her daughter, Courtney.) We grew up near each other and our families got together often. Chris and I are two months apart in an age. We went to school together from 1st through 12th grade...and we got into a lot of trouble together. (I'm sure I had nothing to do with it.) Her and her siblings were like first cousins to us because our only first cousins lived half a country away. We rarely saw them. We were so happy to have cousins living close by. Chris was one of the people I missed the most when we moved from South Dakota 17 years ago.

From Frazzled Farmwife:

What has been your favorite date with the King? I haven't had it yet. Once The King believes he's achieved the goal of a favorite date, he may not think there's any reason to keep taking me out. I'm not going to risk it. I've grown quite fond of our weekly dates.

Which pregnancy was the easiest? The hardest? The first and second were the easiest. Then as I got older they got harder. The last one (Prince Charming) was tough. I started contracting at about six months and my ankles looked more like thighs than ankles. The swelling was so bad, I lost feeling in my feet. It took months after the delivery before the numbness went away. Then there was the sciatic nerve pain that crippled me from time to time. All I can say is...I'd do it again, he was so worth it.

But even with all of that, I must say that the adoption 'pregnancy' was by far the hardest. Two years is way too long to wait for a baby. The emotional roller coaster was much harder to bear than physical discomfort.


What has been your favorite vehicle you have owned? My Suburban. I miss my Suburban. Someday I hope to have one again. Not many of them are large enough for a family of nine!





What is your favorite kitchen gadget? I wouldn't want to live without my garlic press--on the top. But one little gadget that is so amazing is the one on the bottom. I don't know what it's called but I use it in the early summer months to hull strawberries. I freeze many quarts of strawberries and make jam. This tool makes the job so fast and easy. Then I use it again later in the summer to core out the stems of tomatoes when I am canning. I actually have two of them so I can have help with those tedious and mundane tasks.

What do you miss most about your mom? What don't I miss? I would have to say I miss her voice and her touch. She had the softest hugs in the world. I would love to be able to pick up the phone and talk to her. I wish she could have been here to see my younger children. Even though she's been gone for nearly four years, the thought still crosses my mind that I should give mom a call and tell her something that the kids do. My heart falls when I realize I can't. I wish she were here to guide me through the situation we are having with our oldest. I still can't believe she's gone. She would have been 60 years old tomorrow.

Here's a video thank-you she e-mailed me for the gift I made and sent her for her last birthday. I worked so hard to make that little quilt. She taught me to quilt, it was a hobby we shared. I didn't know if she'd see another birthday, so I was determined to make her something. Little did I know she'd only have it for 41 days. She was too young to die. I still needed a mommy. I miss her so much.



I'll post more Q & A's later. See you soon.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, the adoption pregnancy had me in 100% agreement. The part about missing your mom had me in tears, too bleary eyed to watch the video.

    Have a great week with the royal family :)! I enjoy the Frazzled Farm Wife's blog also. Did not know you were realted as I check in there only on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I haven't been here in a while... I am praying for your prayer requests, laughing with you at your funnies, crying with you over your sadness...sending you cyberhugs.

    As I was going through my homeschool stuff I remembered that someone wanted to borrow my file folder game books. Now I know who that someone was -- you! You asked me LAST summer! ACK!! Well, I have found them now and would LOVE to let you borrow them. I am not selling them yet because I haven't used all of them, and I still have wee ones that will want something fun and new. I will bring them to the next homeschool meeting.

    You know... We should really get together. Our kids would have a blast!! You need to trek on out to Winthrop for an afternoon. SOON!!

    Blessings, Beckie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that video was hard to watch. I think of your mom all the time and every time I drive by the cemetery (which is alot)I look at her stone and remember something about her (my dad's stone is too far to see from the road). I agree with you about being more like 1st cousins....your mom was more like an aunt too. I am thankful for having you in my life and miss you lots!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my garlic press too! I also agree about the adoption pregnancy. Geez, it takes foreverrrrr.

    Your mom was beautiful. I'm so sorry she left this earth to early.

    God Bless,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say.