Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Portrait of Me

Maiden, age 3, brought me this picture. She drew it just for me. Her beloved mama. I was having a hard time figuring out what or who it could be.

Me: "Thank you honey. It's a really great picture. Tell me about it."
Maiden: "It's you."
Me: "Wow. That's really good."
Maiden: "Yeah, see your eye? It looks like that cuz you are sick."
Me: "That is good detail. What are the dark spots on the sides of my face?"
Maiden: "That's not your face. (Giggling) It's your armpits."
Me: "Oh."
Maiden, whispering and grinning from ear to ear: "You just got out of the shower, so you don't have any clothes on."

Good grief.

Excuse me, I think I need to exercise...and shave.

10 comments:

  1. oh NO - she did not say that! :) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA HA HA!!! Where's your towel?!!

    It was fun visiting last night. So... Are you coming to our book club? (No pressure, of course. *wink*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My children are wondering why I am laughing hysterically! That was great. I just got through over hearing my 12 & 10 year old talking about their mustaches hahaha....I love this whole mom thing!

    Thanks for stopping by, I too will vivit when I get a chance! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. maiden is SOO funny!!! sbog!! i LOVE reading your bog! update more often!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's winter! We have to keep warm some how!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy, you must have some hairy armpits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look Mahhhve..lus- naked as a jay bird and all.

    My wee ones don't say armpits, they call them mar-pits. Its too cute to correct (for now). Enjoy your marpits and your lovely art work that I hope you will frame somewhere where you can enjoy it! I am sure it will bring a smile to your face each time you pass it.

    hugs
    Kimmie
    mama to 6
    one homemade and 5 adopted
    **we have adoption news!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI-LAR-IOUS!!!

    That is too funny and so very sweet, a keeper for sure...

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Plus I LOVE the "Marpits"

    LOL!!!!

    I too just love he grown up word mistakes the little ones make...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say.