Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Oh No! The Cake!

It was better than I had imagined. When I picked Jester up from class this evening, he had a cake filled with beautiful pink roses and delicate green leaves. The "old ladies" in his class came up to me and complimented me on how creative he was. I was so proud. I couldn't wait to get him home for a photo shoot so I could post it on my blog.

It wasn't meant to be. We were standing in line to sign him up for course two. Jester and I were juggling with my purse, Prince Charming, the $5.00 off coupon for the next course, the 10% off cake supplies coupon, the supplies needed for next week, the decorated cake, and all his decorating tools. All of a sudden we saw the cake (in the plastic cake carrier) out of the corner of our eyes, just out of arms reach, jump into the air, do a flip, and land face down on the floor. It was like something you'd see in a gymnastics horror movie.

Oh, the agony. The "old ladies" from his class gasped and cried out, "Oh, no!" The oldest lady, who looked to be about my age, said "At least it will still taste the same." Jester said, "Oh well, it was kind of a girly looking cake anyway....all pink and everything." Now that's looking at the glass half full (or the cake half decorated).

This mishap allows you, our loyal viewers, the ability to see within the cake. As you can see, it is a layer cake. What you can't see is that it is filled with vanilla pudding. The "old lady" was right. Even though it looked a little beat up, it was still delicious.

(In case you are wondering, that boy with the shorter hair really is Jester. A bit of a change from last week's Cake Man Post don't you think?)


3 comments:

  1. I'll still take a slice! :)

    I laughed out loud at the gymnastics horrer movie comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Poor guy, good thing he had a sweet response to it all.

    Thanks for coming over to my spot, I loved your comment. So are you all getting tired of cake yet? I think I could eat cake everyday and be very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMM...still looks delicious!

    He definitely found one of his talents.

    I love his haircut...he looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say.