Friday, January 16, 2009

Great White is Free!

The Great White Royal Chariot has been stuck in this position since Monday.  Jouster, Jester and I tried everything we could think of to set her free.  Remember, The King has been in California all week.  He was not much help over the phone. 

Maybe I'm too proud, but I refused to ask anyone for help.  Except Wednesday night when I finally asked God, "Lord, I'm not going to call anyone for help.  Could you just send someone?"

Sure enough, he did!  Yesterday I heard some noise in my driveway and looked out to see my neighbor plowing our snow.  He came in the house to tell me he'd seen Great White sitting in that same spot all week, and figured something was wrong, so he thought he'd come and give me a hand.

When he found out The King was in California, he raised one eyebrow and said, "If I were you, I wouldn't even talk to him if he calls home."  (Everyone around here is a little jealous of The King missing out on our cold spell.)  He even offered to pick up any supplies I might need in town, because that's where he was headed next.  Now that's a good neighbor.

He pushed all the snow away from behind Great White and then Jouster and Jester pushed her from behind with the mini van.  All she needed was a little kick in the pants to break free.

The men who saved the day, Jester on the left and Jouster on the right.  The timing couldn't have been better.  The King flies home today, and I'm on my way to bring him home.  
 

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome neighbor you have!

    I sure hope the king had a good time in California but he better had been thinking about you LOTS while stuck back here in "frozen land"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that doesn't sound fun. Glad you were finally able to get out of the drive way.

    It was 80 again in calif today. maybe hubby could bring you and the kids for a visit.

    Call me when you get here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to free her...you certainly will have a few things to talk about with the King once he arrives back in the snowy kingdom...glad your men and neighbor were able to set her free.

    Kimmie
    mama to 7
    one homemade and 6 adopted

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear of Great White's freedom!! At least we can be greatful that he brought some of the warm weather back with him!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say.